Water - the heart of our culture
This is the theme for National Water Week in 2018, and MidCoast Water always has plenty planned to help the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester communities give some thought to a resource we use each and every day!
National Water Week is held in October each year and this year's theme encourages us to explore how water shapes our everyday lives through recreational activities, the natural world and our community values.
Bootawa Water Treatment Plant open for tour
We will be holding a tour for members of the public at our Bootawa Water Treatment Plant and laboratory.
The tour at Bootawa Water Treatment Plant will be held on Wednesday October 24 at 11.30am.
Numbers for tours are limited, please book by calling 6592 4841 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Whizzy visits local libraries and schools
MidCoast Water’s mascot, Whizzy, will be out and about across the region during Water Week visiting preschools and community events.
Whizzy will also be a special guest at library storytimes at the following locations:
- Wingham Library: Monday 15 October, 10.30am
- Forster Library: Wednesday 17 October, 10.30am
- Taree Library: Thursday 25 October, 10.30am
- Gloucester Library: Monday 29 October, 10am
- Harrington Library: Thursday 1 November, 10.30am
- Tea Gardens Library:Monday 5 November, 10.30am
- Hallidays Point Library: Friday 16 November, 10.30am