Open access information
- Government departments
- Ministers and their personal staff
- NSW local councils, public offices and courts
The object of the GIPA Act is to open government information to the public by:
- authorising and encouraging the proactive public release of government information by agencies, and
- giving members of the public an enforceable right to access government information, and
- providing that access to government information is restricted only when there is an overriding public intereste against disclosure.
You can find out more about your right to information and ways to access NSW government information on the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) website www.ipc.nsw.gov.au or by calling 1800 472 679. People with a hearing or speech impairment may call through the National Relay Service on 133 677 for assistance.
- Mandatory documents for release
- out more about our policies
- our agency information guide
- a disclosure log of information applications
- details of information not disclosed to the public
- our register of contracts