MidCoast Water has an obligation under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 to publish monitoring data collected according to the Environment Protection Licence requirements.
We hold 12 licences issued by the Environment Protection Authority to regulate the operation of our sewage treatments plants. Each licence includes specific monitoring conditions.
Data collected is available here EPA Licence Data
Pollution incident response management plans
MidCoast Water's response to pollution incidents are managed and reported according to the MidCoast Water Pollution Incident Response management plans developed for each sewage treatment plant holding an EPA licence.
Each plan outlines:
- hazard identification and risk assessment for each premises and associated sewerage network
- steps involved in responding to a pollution incident
- list of personnel responsible for enacting the plan
- notification procedure with relevant government agencies
- plan testing and maintenance
MidCoast Water communicates with customers and the community during and following system faults causing pollution incidents via door knocks, letterbox drops, radio announcements, warning signs and media releases where appropriate.
For any operational faults or incidents involving MidCoast Water assets please contact the 24 hour faults and emergencies line 1300 133 455.